How to Maintain Safe Home Security During HolidaysDecember 24, 2023
Wishing you a safe and joyful holiday season! The holiday season is a time for joy, family, and celebration. Unfortunately, it can also be a time when burglars and other criminals target homes for theft. As a security guard company, we are committed to helping you keep your home safe and secure during this festive time of year. Here are some tips to help protect your property and loved ones:
Lock All Doors and Windows
This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to forget to lock all doors and windows when you’re in a rush to get out the door. Make sure to double-check all entry points before leaving your home. It’s also a good idea to install deadbolts on all exterior doors and to consider using window locks or security bars on ground-level windows.
Don’t Advertise Your Absence
Avoid posting your holiday plans on social media and be cautious about sharing too much information with strangers. This can make your home an easy target for burglars. If you’re going to be away for an extended period of time, consider having a neighbor or friend check on your home regularly and pick up any mail or packages that may accumulate.
Use Timers for Lights
Consider using timers for your indoor and outdoor lights to give the appearance that someone is home. This can deter potential burglars from targeting your home. You can also use smart home devices to control your lights remotely, or even set up a fake TV to create the illusion that someone is inside watching television.
Be Careful with Holiday Decorations
Avoid placing expensive gifts in plain view of windows and doors. Also, be mindful of the placement of holiday decorations, such as ladders and tools, which could be used to gain entry to your home. It’s also a good idea to keep your Christmas tree away from heat sources, such as fireplaces and radiators, to prevent a fire.
Install a Home Security System
A home security system can provide an added layer of protection for your home. Consider installing a system that includes motion detectors, cameras, and alarms. You can also choose a system that allows you to monitor your home remotely using a smartphone or computer.
Get to Know Your Neighbors
Building a strong relationship with your neighbors can help keep your home safe. Consider setting up a neighborhood watch program or simply keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity. If you see something unusual, don’t hesitate to report it to the authorities.
Don’t Forget About Fire Safety
The holiday season is a time for decorations and candles, but it’s important to be mindful of fire safety. Keep candles away from flammable materials and make sure your smoke detectors are working properly. It’s also a good idea to have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of an emergency.
- Consider installing motion-activated lights outside your home to deter potential burglars.
- Avoid hiding a spare key outside your home, as this can be an easy target for thieves. Instead, consider giving a spare key to a trusted neighbor or friend.
- Keep your valuables in a safe or locked cabinet to prevent theft.
- If you’re going to be away for an extended period of time, consider having someone shovel your driveway or mow your lawn to give the appearance that someone is home.
- Consider installing a security camera system that can be monitored remotely. This can provide peace of mind and help you catch any potential burglars in the act.
- Make sure your home is well-lit, both inside and outside, to deter potential criminals.
- If you’re going to be away for an extended period of time, consider having the post office hold your mail or having a neighbor pick it up to prevent a build-up of mail that could indicate you’re not home.
- Consider installing a home automation system that can be controlled remotely. This can allow you to turn lights on and off, adjust the thermostat, and even lock and unlock doors from your smartphone.
- Make sure your windows are secure and consider installing window locks or security bars to prevent entry.
- If you have a home security system, make sure it’s up to date and in good working order. Consider having a professional inspect your system to ensure it’s functioning properly.
Contact Us to Secure Your Home During Holidays!
We hope these tips help you have a safe and secure holiday season. If you have any questions about home security, or if you would like to learn more about our security guard services, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Contact AAA Security Guard Services for reliable security solutions:
- Telephone: +1 817-677-8803
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: aaaguards.com
Visit us at one of our convenient office locations:
- 320 Decker Dr #11, Irving, TX 75062
- 1901 Central Dr. Unit 400, Bedford, TX 76021
- 405 TX-121 Building A Suite A250, Lewisville, TX 75057
- 4500 Mercantile Plaza Suite 300, Fort Worth, TX 76137
- 5050 Quorum Dr. Suite 700, Dallas, TX 75254
Your safety is our priority! Contact us today for top-notch security services.